colours were trooped for the last time at Woking football
ground on July 12th 1963.
They were the Queen’s and Regimental
Colours of the 4th, 5th and 6th
Battalions. The Queen’s Royal Regiment
(TA), the 6th Battalion The East Surrey Regiment (TA) and the 23rd London Regiment (TA).
Colours of the 4th Battalion The Queen's
Royal Regiment (TA) were presented by Her Majesty
Queen Mary at Croydon on 7th May, 1938. Her Majesty Queen
Mary also presented the Colours of the 5th Battalion
The Queen's Royal Regiment (TA) at Guildford
on 28th April, 1936. His Majesty King Edward VII presented
the Colours to the 6th Battalion The Queen's Royal
Regiment (TA), and to the 23rd London
Regiment (TA) at Windsor Great Park on 19th June
The Colours of the 6th Battalion
The East Surrey Regiment (TA) were presented
by the Lord Lieutenant of the County of Surrey, Colonel
The Lord Ashcombe, CB TD at the Barracks, Kingston-upon-Thames
on the 9th June, 1928.